The primary aim of the ACAMAR 9 workshop is to bring together members of the Australian and Chinese astronomy communities to discuss all areas of astronomical collaboration between Australian and China.
This will be an in-person event held in Perth, Australia. For all event information – and to register – please see the event website.
- 28 Apr – abstract submission and registration opens
- 02 Jun – abstract submission deadline (incl poster proposals)
- 23 Jun – program release date
- 28 Jun – in-person registration closes
- 14 Jul – poster submission deadline
- 24 Jul – poster release date
- 30 Jul – online registration closes
- 31 Jul – workshop commences
- Big Data Challenges
- Facilities (including SKA, ASKAP, MWA, FAST and Antarctic astronomy)
- Fast Radio Bursts
- Galactic astronomy
- Galaxies and cosmology
- Machine learning
- Pulsars and Gravitational waves
- Time-domain astronomy
- Virtual observatories
We look forward to your abstract submissions and to welcoming you to this workshop in July.
This will be the first time the two communities have been able to meet in person for several years due to COVID-19 travel restrictions and participants are therefore encouraged to attend in person wherever possible. However, for those unable to attend, there will be an option to join virtually.
ACAMAR 9 will be held at The Vines Resort in the beautiful Swan Valley region of Western Australia. The venue is located only 30 minutes from the centre of Perth and is Western Australia’s oldest wine growing region. Accommodation should be booked directly with the hotel by following this link, or by contacting them on +61-8 9297 3000. Please mention that you are attending the ACAMAR 9 conference when booking.